Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hager Haunted No More!

Even a little good news is still good.

When I saw the ruins of the Hager Drive-In this past weekend, I got worried. A friend had told me about the act with the inflatable screen, but what I saw made me think something had gone awry. At home, I got even more worried: their website was down, even though the one for the Hager Cineplex was still active. Luckily, the cineplex site included an e-mail address for the drive-in, and the resultant worrywart missive captured a happy response.

I'll not post it here, since it was a private communication, but the gist is good: the crumbled ticket booths actually represent progress on renovating the drive-in, and although nothing really everlasting will be constructed for a couple of years because of various zoning issues, a permanent steel screen tower rising 80 feet should arrive in a few weeks--probably one of the reasons why the theater hasn't opened yet. (Oh, and the website is being overhauled by a professional, and "it will ROCK.")

In other words, that golden marquee will be alone no longer.

Huzzah!

No comments: